National Ski Jumping Day
National Ski Jumping Day - January 22nd, 2022
National Ski Jumping Day is a special opportunity for everyone across the United States, and our athletes around the world, to celebrate the great sports of Ski Jumping and Nordic Combined! National Ski Jumping Day, while officially set for Saturday, January 22nd, 2022 - will encompass the entire weekend, January 21st-23rd, to create ample opportunities for people to participate in the celebration.
Sign-up for National Ski Jumping Day HERE
What you'll be able to participate in if you sign-up for National Ski Jumping Day:
- The 24-hours of ski jumping - tracking jumps taken and meters flown
- Social Media Contest
- Club fundraising
24-Hours of Ski Jumping & Social Media Contest
Guidelines for the 24-Hours of Ski Jumping:
1. Choose one day, out of the three, to participate in the 24-hours of ski jumping.
2. You may choose to log your number of jumps, approximate distance flown, or both. Please be honest!
3. Fly within your ability! Do not try a bigger jump without your coach’s approval and listen to your body. If you are tired or are not feeling 100% do not continue jumping.
4. In addition to logging your jumps and distance we are encouraging skiers to submit a photo and a few sentences/short paragraph about why they love ski jumping. This can be submitted via the following social media outlets: Facebook or Instagram. If you choose to post to Facebook or Instagram please follow the social media guidelines below so that we can track your entry. If you are unable to post to social media you may submit an entry via the google form.
Social Media Guidelines:
1. Along with a photo(s) please post a couple of sentences/short paragraph about why you love ski jumping! If anyone else is in the photos be sure to ask their permission before posting the photo online.
2. Please tag the following accounts:
- @USANordic (Facebook) -and/or- @usanordic (Instagram)
- @TeamMagnusAdventures (Facebook) -and/or- @teammagnus (Instagram)
3. Please include the following hashtags:
Click HERE to fill out the google form!
Click HERE to submit an entry with a photo and a couple of sentences, or a paragraph, about why you love ski jumping!
Please email or text Karin Bauer [firstname.lastname@example.org | 435.252.6838] your tracking form for the 24-hours of ski jumping and/or submit your social media post online with the appropriate tags or through the google form by Monday, January 24th!